Huawei Technologies honor 8 is a great phone. It replaced my samsung galaxy note n7000 phone which is now quite dated. I chose honor 8 after careful research because I needed to have a high performance and not particularly expensive Android phone.
Speed is an important factor
It is now a known fact that mobile apps are getting heavier. Even if you are dealing with a cell phone with the greatest diligence and installing the bare minimum, sooner or later you will have to change.
I especially need the phone to work. I need a certain speed in the response of the applications. After buying the honor 8, I tried several applications and I must say that I am really very satisfied, working at 64bit.
Not all features are available for the Honor 8
I noticed only one limiting thing, the absence of a system for manually managing camera parameters. This feature has been added to more expensive mobile phones from the same manufacturer. It is therefore conceivable that this is a commercial choice of the producer.
More experienced users in the field of photography may find it difficult to make the most of the photographic potential of the honor 8 precisely because in this field, manual management is of fundamental importance if satisfactory results are to be obtained.
Sturdiness is fundamental (making the necessary exceptions)
The cell phone fell to the ground several times and nothing happened for the moment. In fact, it still works perfectly and there are no scratches or anything else. Of course it would be advisable to put on an anti-shock cover like I did. It is a very robust mobile phone but I believe that in the end it is only a matter of luck.
The price, even after several months from the marketing, remains good. This fact is often a sign of good quality. I have nothing to reproach this phone for and I recommend it.
Updates are fairly frequent and there is a special software to optimize the performance of the mobile phone and applications.
The technical characteristics of the Honor 8
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Emotion UI v4.1 Marshmallow;
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 71 x 7.45 mm;
- Weight: 153 grams;
- Housing sim: dual sim;
- GSM network type supported: Quad Band (850/900/1800/1900);
- Sim format: Nano-Micro;
- Chipset: Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 950;
- Processor: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Cortex-A72 + Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex A53;
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4;
- Ram: 4 GB;
- Internal memory: maximum 32GB of storage (because if I remember correctly there are two versions);
- External memory: expandable up to 128 GB;
- Display: 5.2 inches;
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels;
- Pixel density: 424 ppi;
- Display type: IPS LCD;
- Touch screen: Capacitive Multitouch;
- Colors: 16 million;
- Pixel rear camera: 12M;
- Front camera pixel: 8M;
- Camera resolution: 3968 x 2976 pixels;
- Camera diaphragm aperture: F 2.2;
- Camera functions: digital photo and video stabilizer, autofocus, touch focus, dual LED flash, HDR, geo tagging, face detection, video recording in full HD at 30 fps, built-in microphone with noise reduction, audio and video player, vibration, speakerphone , polyphonic ringtones, SNS integration, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot;
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, compass, fingerprint;
- Battery: LiPo at 3000 Mah.
How much does the Honor 8 cost?
Normally I make purchases on the Amazon site in “prime” mode because I really like their return policy and shipping times are fast and reliable. I did a search and the prices I found are:
- on Amazon.it for Italy;
- on Amazon.com for the United States;
- on Amazon.co.uk for the United Kingdom;
- on Amazon.de for Germany;
- on Amazon.fr for France;
- on Amazon.ca for Canada;
- on Amazon.es for Spain;