Today, I would like to introduce one of the most popular dishes eaten in Malaysia. It is turmeric fried rice with fillets. You may have noticed that turmeric seems to be an integral part of this country’s traditional cuisine.
Fried rice is prepared in various countries in East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, the Pacific, Africa and even Europe. What varies is the method of preparation, the spices and the components, which are usually native to the place.
- Frying oil;
- Green chilli paste;
- Chicken breasts;
- Turmeric powder;
- Black pepper powder;
- White pepper powder;
- Vegetable seasoning powder;
- Eggs or Cucumbers;
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Chop some garlic and onion and fry them in the hot oil.
- Put together two tablespoons of green chilli paste.
- Fry them until they are browned and put in some chicken slices.
- Then, put some turmeric powder, black pepper powder, white pepper powder and seasoning powder.
- Finally, put some rice and salt taking care to mix everything together.
- Serve with cucumber or salad and fried egg.
I would like to thank my friend from Malaysia for giving me the opportunity to learn so much about their culture through their traditional dishes, please let me know in the comments if you have tried it or know of other variations.