This is not the Ukrainian version of the so-called Russian salad, its origin is undoubtedly this country and its neighbouring countries.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced;
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (low-fat);
- 1 thinly diced banana shallot or half a small onion;
- black pepper;
- about 3 tablespoons of finely chopped dill.
- After preparing the cucumber, place a bowl of water with ice and add about 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Soak the cucumber for 40-60 minutes (the ice keeps the cucumber crunchy).
- Drain well, squeeze and in a bowl mix the ingredients and season to taste.
- It tastes very good the next day.
Considerations and thanks
Many thanks to my friend from Denmark for this light and very good recipe.